Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Revive, Redesign, Reengage

So, if you scroll down just a bit, you'll notice that I haven't updated this blog in over a year. There's a reason for that - well, a lot of them, but the main reason is that the blog, in its previous incarnation, had served its purpose. I was done with fieldwork, my family had been able to follow what I was up to, and I no longer had the 'place excitement' of being in Ecuador to drive my posts.


So, I'd outgrown the old format, but that doesn't mean I don't have things that drive me now that I'm back at the University. They're just different things. In the last year I've engaged more with pedagogy withing archaeology, and anthropology more broadly, and as I go on the job market this year I'm thinking about how structural decisions at institutions impact both education and careers in academia. I am also, in part through my teaching, engaging with public uses and misuses of archaeological and anthropological ideas and data. 


So, rather than a travelogue, when you come here you can expect to find a mix of my thoughts on teaching and scholarship, responses to popular news articles, and the occasional dose of moaning about dissertation writing and the job market. I hope my posts keep you interested, and maybe provoke a deep thought or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment